Monday, October 4, 2010

TCC Student Enjoys Her Life in Tulsa

By Drake Allen

At Shades of Brown, a Brookside coffee shop, I met Danielle Jones. She is 19 and a student at Tulsa Community College, majoring in anthropology. She wants to be an archaeologist.

She lives in Midtown Tulsa, not far from Brookside. Her family owns three smoke shops, and she is employed at Best Buy.

One of Danielle’s hobbies is belly dancing. She also enjoys riding her long board on the weekends and meeting new people. She played sports all the way through high school.

“If I could have one wish, it would be a scholarship to play at a prestige volleyball program somewhere in Texas,” Danielle said.

“I come to this same coffee shop every Thursday by myself to do my homework and to think peacefully by myself," she said.

Danielle loves to go shopping with her girlfriends, especially at Utica Square.

She enjoys various types of music but her favorites are Tom Petty, Beatles, and Kings of Leon. Danielle plans to be in Tulsa for a while, but would like to take her life out of Oklahoma at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment